Monday, May 5, 2008

I am really impressed by this technology. Flickr seems to be a really useful way to protect photos. My friend's laptop was stolen recently and the thing she was most upset about was the loss of her photos. I find that I rarely get around to printing off my photos and so the only copy I have is on my laptop. Flickr offers a great way of ensuring they stay safe.

Viewing the photos of the various libraries demonstrated the way that this technology can be used to promote library activities. Being able to see events and spaces in the library made the library much more acceptable and inviting, as well as offering people a chance to view the library before they come, or see what fun activities they could be part of.

There were so many photos available on flickr. I can easily see how much time could be, well, I hesitate to say wasted, but certainly spent, browsing all the weird and wonderful images. I really responded to the beautiful, warm colours in this Autumn tree, and the intricacies of the leaves and vines. I really love the contrast between the warm red of autumn trees and the cool weather that accompanies them.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Great to see you have started.

Ellen (PLS)