Monday, May 5, 2008

my first day

hi everyone,
Sorry I am such a late addition to the learning 2.0 program. I am looking forward to learning how to use the various programs that are available now on the web. I have never been a very adventurous user of technology before - It took me years to master email!! I think, particularly as someone who works with young people, learning how to use these aspects of technology is crucial. It isn't enough to hide behind the excuse of being technophobic!

I am impressed by how easy it was to begin this blog - things certainly seem to have come a long way from the HTML that was presented in the video last week where you had to learn another language to be able to create things to put on the web. I guess this ease of access, and the ability for anyone to publish what they think in a place where it is publicly available provides a whole new dimension to democracy and free-speech. It seems like a great force to be harnessed for use in libraries, as well as a great way for up-to-date information to be disseminated throughout the community regarding library activities and initiatives.

No comments: