Monday, May 19, 2008

Online applications

Wow, there are so many things avaliable for free out there. The bargin-hunter in me is excited!! I was also pleased to see the guy from u-tube who explains stuff with his little paper cut-outs was back. I find it much easier to understand things when they are explained through this medium, rather then just reading the explanations - which I guess underscores the usefulness of this course, by introducing new forms of communcition which may be more effective than other, more traditional methods.

I can really see the usefullness of this online collaboration thing - I know what it is like to have hundreds of versions of the same document floating around on emails, and can see great potential for this to be effective and time-saving behind the scenes at the library. Organising newsletters, co-ordinating press-releases and other events, etc would be much easier if everyone could work on the same thing. THis was what appealed to me about wikis as well - the fact that things don't need to be updated individually.

No comments: